Butternut squash is a great source of fibre, as well as vitamins including A, C, E and B vitamins along with minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and zinc. If your little humans don’t like vegetables much, why not hide it in tasty brownies.
Healthy Chocolate Butternut Squash Brownies
View English Recipe
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 heaped tbsp Almond Butter (or Peanut Butter)
- 1/2 cup rice flour (or buckwheat flour)
- 1 whole egg
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp date nectar
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- pinch pink Himalayan salt
- a handful of cashew nuts (or any other nuts)
Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a brownie tin with baking paper.
In a food processor, combine the squash, almond butter and sugar and blend these to cream together.
Crack in the egg and blend again.
Add in the remaining ingredients and blend the mixture one last time until everything is fully combined and you’re left with a smooth batter.
Once the brownie mix is done, stir in the nuts and bake for 15-20 minutes.