Cocoa powder is rich in polyphenols which are naturally occurring antioxidants. Also, polyphenols improve blood flow to your brain and brain function and natural cocoa powder can help to reduce a high blood pressure. The studies out there highlighted that it may improve mood and symptoms of depression and symptoms of type 2 diabetes. There is so much good in cocoa powder and you can make so many lovely cakes and drinks with it.
Oatty Chocolate Muffins
View English Recipe
- 1 ½ cup of oats
- 1 ½ cup of almond milk (add more or less, depending on the amount of oats)
- ½ tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp @sweetfreedomuk sweetener (add more if you fancy)
- 1 egg (for vegans 1 chia egg - 1 tbsp chia seeds + 2.5 tbsp water or 1 tbsp of almond/coconut yogurt)
- 1 tbsp of coconut nectar (add honey instead if required)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (not necessary)
- frozen fruit, whatever you fancy
Mix it all up, if it’s too watery, add more oats.
Then add to a muffin tin which I covered in coconut oil.
Bake on 200° in the preheated oven.